LONDON _ The 2022 London Book Festival has issued a call for entries for its annual program celebrating the best of international publishing.
The London Book Festival will consider books in English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese and Italian in the competition. The works may be published, self-published or independent publisher non-fiction, fiction, biography/autobiography/memoir, children's books, cookbooks, compilations/anthologies, genre-based, how-to, photography/art, spiritual, young adult, unpublished, business, wild card (anything goes!), science fiction, and poetry.
Submitted works will be judged by a panel of industry experts using the following criteria:
1) General excellence and the author's passion for telling a good story.
2) The potential of the work to reach a wider audience.
ENTRIES: Please classify your book and enter it in the following categories. Multiple entries must be accompanied by a separate fee for each book.
- Children's books
- Young adult
- Unpublished stories
- Science fiction
- Wild card (anything goes)
In addition to honoring the top selections in the above categories, The London Book Festival will award the following chosen from submissions:
- Author of the Year- Honors the outstanding book of the competition.
- Book Design of the Year - Honors outstanding and innovative design.
- Publisher of the Year- Honors the top publisher based on materials displaying excellence in marketing and promotional materials, as determined by our judges.
FESTIVAL RULES: London Book Festival submissions cannot be returned. Each entry must contain the official entry form, including your e-mail address and contact telephone number. All shipping and handling costs must be borne by entrants. Books published on or after Jan. 1, 2019 are eligible for the competition.
NOTIFICATION AND DEADLINES: Deadline submissions in each category must be received by the close of business on March 25, 2022 to be eligible for the competition. Winners in each category will be notified by e-mail and on the web site. Please note that judges read and consider submissions on an ongoing basis, comparing early entries with later submissions at our meetings.
Winners in each category will be notified by e-mail and on the web site. Please note that judges read and consider submissions on an ongoing basis, comparing early entries with later submissions at our meetings.
TO ENTER: Entry forms are available online here or may be faxed/e-mailed to you. Please contact our office at 323-665-8080 for fax requests. Applications must be accompanied by a non-refundable entry fee of $50 in the form of a check, money order or PayPal online payment in U.S. dollars for each submission. Multiple submissions are permitted but each entry must be accompanied by a separate form and entry fee.
Entry fee checks should be made payable to JM Northern Media LLC. We're sorry, but entries must be mailed and cannot be delivered in person or by messenger services to the JM Northern Media offices.
Entry packages should include:
- One copy of the book
- A copy of your official entry form or a reasonable facsimile
- The entry fee or receipt for online payment
- Any marketing materials you wish to send. Marketing is used as a tie-breaking consideration by our judges.
Entries should be mailed to:
JM Northern Media LLC
attn: London Book Festival
7095 Hollywood Boulevard
Hollywood, CA 90028-0893
E-book entries are welcome. You can enter an e-book in three ways:
- Send your book as a pdf file to our firstname.lastname@example.org address labeled as "2022 E-Book Entry" in the subject line. Please attach copies of your PayPal receipt and entry form.
- Send us a Kindle copy as a gift to email@example.com. Then send an e-mail to us indicating that you've sent the book, attaching your PayPal receipt and entry form.
- Use our “Book Uploader” in the "Enter the Competition" page to send a copy of your work. We accept most e-book formats.to send a digital copy of your work. We accept most e-book formats. IMPORTANT: After uploading your book, you MUST send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with "2022 E-Book Entry" in the subject line and the title of your book. Please attach a copy of your PayPal receipt and entry form.
Failure to follow these steps on e-book submissions may disqualify you.
Enter the Competition
Author Embla Rhodes discusses his work and his future plans.